Rim Width

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:27:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/2002 4:10:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Rim Width
> Date:9/7/2002 4:10:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com">mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>          Terry

       If you use commomn 2 by 4 lumber for your pressure blocks(cauls) this
will be suffiecent to cover the  rasten board joint on any piano.  Also I
would make them a degree and an half angle on the bottom as most Steinway
rims are such and it relates to a 60 ft. radius.  The Stwy D joint width is
quite wide. Mine is currently covered with stuff but I think its about 2
inches on the spine (long) side and perhaps the rest is as well. Close enough
for government work any way! Any way 2 by 4's will work fine.
  <<<Dale Erwin