Capo shape question (Mc Morrow book ?)

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:25:31 +0200

David,

Mc Morrow in what fabulous book ?

I use to shape (file and smooth) the Vbar with the frame reversed.
I've never done it in the piano (Steinway pre 1984) without removing
the frame, but I am afraid that will be necessary in that precise
case, the few notes I made when changing strings where yet sounding so
much better almost twice long of full sound.

Any good trick to obtain a good shape then.

I noticed that the Bosendorfer have a brass flat bar, and the treble
is very poor on these pianos.

BTW is it about 1984 or 1985 that S&S Hamburg begin to harden their
capo bars ? not really sure of the year.

Thanks

Regards.

Isaac OLEG