Keytops

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:28:20 +0930

Hi Wim,

Sorry I missed your reply on the keytop thing.  saw Conrad's response =
and have answered that. Refer for details.

Often I say things that I think is right (my logic) that I can't check =
out before I say it, but I was trying to save you the work of stripping =
of the new keytops which are generally glued on harder than the old =
ones.

I believe that the heights of the sharps varies according to the type of =
keytop used. Though this does not appear in the catalogues, I think that =
different manufacturers make them at different heights.

Example Yamaha keytops are thiner than the Chinese counterpart and I am =
sure that were you to measure the thickness of the two types of sharps =
you would find that the Chinese sharps are thicker.

Regards

Tony Caught
caute@optusnet.com.au