Hedges and Pianos (OT)

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:11:44 -0700

I don't know about the rest of you, but for some reason it's easier for =
me to go up, even using the SAT, than it is going down. I think my ear =
gets more accurate when I start in the middle, or even on note one, than =
if I start on note 88 and go down.=20

Anyone else have that same feeling?=20

Wim=20

    I think I'd  agree with that, Wim. The only time I tune from the =
bottom up is when I'm pitch raising with the SAT. After I get the piano =
close, I start at A4 and tune down through the temperament checking =
intervals as I go, all the way down to A0. After that, I go back up to =
A4 and tune the rest of the way up. I  pull my unisons in after I'm =
done, from the bottom to the top. When I get all the way up, I breath a =
sigh of relief, knowing the hard part is done, then I tune the unisons =
in the bass.=20