pulley keys - special tool from oliag (wood washers)

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:23:31 -0400

Hi Greg,

I had an inexpensive, very old piano with post holes for key bottoms and
I was not at all satisfied by all other methods I had used in the past
for this piano.  When I saw Onesti's solution I immediately realized his
was the only viable approach available.  So I got the tool set (paid for
by the university) and it worked out extremely well for that old piece
of almost junk they owned.

Admittedly I would not purchase such a tool unless I could amortize the
expense over five sets of keys in a relatively short period of time,
like two years.

But then I was rebuilding four or more actions a year in a school
setting where damaged holes are common.

I just hate doing a job I know is inferior to another approach.  Once I
learn something new I cannot go back to the old ways unless the old ways
are better than the new, which happens all too often.

Yes, I am entitled to my opinion, especially when it is based upon
experience.

Of course, in my opinion, opinions are like sewer pipes, everyone has
one and most of the are odoriferous.

Just my opinion mind you. :)

		Newton