D. chaser add-in plugs

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 07:41:00 -0700

One hundred watts is just a bit less than one amp at 117 volts.  Never saw an extension cord that wouldn't handle several times that.

The formula is :  current equals watts divided by volts.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "pianolover 88" <pianolover88@hotmail.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 8:49 PM
Subject: D. chaser add-in plugs

I'm installing THREE dehumid bars w/stat on a fully restored Henry Miller 9'
grand, circa 1895, tomorrow, and inadvertently forgot to order the add-in
plugs. I talked with D.Chaser this morning and they told me i could use an
ordinary 3 outlet adapter, but the probelm is that it sticks out the top of
the stat, not allowing the proper positioning next to the soundbard. What I
forgot to ask them is if a standard extension cord, albeit a short one,
would suffice. I would assume so, as long as it's UL approved and can handle
the combined wattage, which is just over 100 wts. Thoughts? Thanks!

Terry Peterson