removing key pins

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:38:56 +0200

Conrad, the hole always gets smaller when humidity is too high. How else
could keys get stuck when they are exposed for a longer time to humid
condition and why else are the bushings blackened by the pins.
When it is dry the wood shrinks but the bushings expand so the opposite
takes place.
The way the wood expands depends on the grain.

Holland is a very humid place for piano's, so all piano's coming from all
factories have sticking keys after a few months.
reaming the key holes helps immediately which proves that the holes got
smaller because of the humidity.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,