Hedges and Pianos (OT)

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:51:25 EDT

I was cutting the hedge yesterday and I noticed that as I moved the hedge
trimmer across the top of the hedge it left some stragglers and I had to do a
second pass.  (Much like a piano that needed a pitch raise!)  Then I noticed
that the second pass was much more efficient if I did it in the opposite
direction, which would eliminate almost all the stragglers.

Then the light bulb went off over my head...if it works on the hedge, maybe
it would work on a piano, too!

Maybe I should go in one direction for the first pass (from A0 to C8) and
then go the opposite direction on the second pass!

So I think I'll try it.  Next time I come across a Betsy Ross spinet that's
150 cents flat, I'll take the hedge trimmer and move from left to right, and
then go in the opposite direction for my second pass.

I'll bet when I'm done, that piano would never have sounded better.

Tom Sivak

P.S.

This is my first OT post.  Forgive me.  I don't know what got into me.