removing key pins

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 05:48:14 -0700

, unless there are
> > contraints of some kind that don't allow the wood to shrink.

Then the wood crushes as it shrinks. If you set the nails 1/4 inch deep in a
new redwood deck, as it dries you won't hardly see the head of the nail.
Humidity will swell the crushed wood so maybe in a pinblock that is what
happens. I know I've had to cut pipes off flush with the floor and drive
them out with a hammer and drill out the hole to get a new pipe of less size
through it. (galvanized changed to copper)
Keith R