Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Duplexdan@AOL.COM Duplexdan@AOL.COM
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 02:47:51 EDT

Del,

Thanks for the input.

Yes. Unquestionably and unequivocably yes. The most dramatic proofs of the
value of tuning the duplex scale occurred at the Penna and the NYSCON and
NEESCO conventions. I was fortunate to have specimen instruments that were
prepared excellently by having new hammers, Abel, a great voicer, Wally
Brooks, a great rebuilder Webb Phillips, and other topnotch technicians to
prepare the instrument.

All I had to do was tune the duplex. And what a difference in sustain it
made!!!
300% to 500% is conservative. But I'm not trying to sell you. There's nothing
you could buy from me that would pay for the effort. The only thing I get out
of it is the satisfaction of having made a contribution to our art. Before
you denigrate the duplex scale effect you owe it to yourself and your clients
to prove it to yourself. I respect your great work and welcome your input and
comments.

DF