removing key pins

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:49:20 -0700

Levering with a pair of diagonal cutters got me thinking and I grabbed =
my linesman pliers. By far the superior tool. You can grab the pin by =
the cutting portion and lever off the nose of the pliers but I found =
that you can grab the pin with the pliers straight up and twist and pull =
straight up at the same time. 10 times the griping power of any other =
pliers I tried. Even the worst rusted ones came out easy without =
bringing chunks of wood with them.=20
And yes, I do know that holes get smaller as wood dries. Thanks for =
reminding me. Took me a long time to figure out why those old plumbers =
didn't drill larger holes for the pipes.
Keith R