key bushings

Thu, 05 Sep 2002 23:36:03 +0200

Newton Hunt wrote:

> Richard, the _glue_ and the wood is holding the felt rigidly.  I have
> never seen folded bushings cup around the balance pin.  But then I am
> more careful than factories dream of being. :)
>
>                 Newton

Ah... so we are saying that YOUR folded bushings dont cup around the balance pin. That I can relate to knowing that your follow up statement has a very high degree of likelihood.

That being said,,, I still have seen plenty of folded bushings cup around the pin, both front and balance. I dont have that problem anymore, and I dont fold. And I stoped having that problem when I started being a lot more carefull about making sure I was spread'n the ol glue real even like over the whole width of the felt. So that naturally leads me to
kind of connect the bowing syndrom to inappropriate gluing proceedures.

Course I could be wrong :)

Cheers!

RicB

--