Help, please - piano truck for P22

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:14:24 -0400

Friends,

I tried to send this email twice before, but it never made it to the
list.  I'm wondering if the word I normally use for a piano truck was
why it was blocked (the same word for a human-shaped toy little girls
often play with).  Anyone know if that is a blocked word for some
reason?

Anyway, to my questions.  I am helping a local school with specs for new
pianos.  The music supervisor wants Yamaha pianos, and inquired about a
piano
truck for one of the new Yamaha P22s which will be moved around
somewhat.

I've heard stories of kids accidentally tipping pianos on piano trucks
while moving them.  I also had a local teacher catch her foot on one of
the protruding parts.  She was on crutches for months.  So I also see
them as a liability risk.  Do you find that a piano truck is
necessary, or even advisable, for a studio piano such as a P22?

If the supervisor really wants a piano truck, which kind would you
consider the best for this application (model numbers from the current
Schaff or Pianotek catalogues, which are what I have here)?

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA