Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:19:33 -0600

Hi Dan,

Exactly what I suggested. Energy is stored in the duplex and then
released...increasing sustain. It can only act as buffer/filter/storage for
energy--it is not struck so it can not create *more* energy--it can only
absorb. Thanks for doing the research to prove it.

Now if a person used a real time sound analyser......

At 01:47 PM 9/5/02 EDT, you wrote:
>Duplex Effect,
>
>the comment that the duplex "absorbs, bleeds and filters" energy is
>interesting. Is there any scientific data or have any experiments been done
>to pursue this line of thinking. If so, I'm sure they would be welcome
>additions to the litrugy on the subject.
>
>However in the dearth of scientific experiments proving the duplex is a
>misfunction I would like to point out that a major plus function in terms of
>energy is the duplex's capacity to increase sustain by more than 300%. This
>was recently proved in Penna and in Vermont in two of my seminars where i
was
>fortunate to do a duplex tuning procedure on two instruments whose condition
>was rebuilt A ! in tone, workmanship and materials. All I did to these
>instruments was tune the duplex according the principles established by the
>inventor and the sustain was remarkably increased.
>
>This is the only energy guide that I have at my disposal. Are there others?
>
>Dan Franklin

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/