Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:21:35 +0200

You see the thing is Dan... that the Front Duplex has this nasty habit of getting
to be a bit too active... and when it does it creates this nasty whisperish
whistlish sound that ofte times crosses the boarder of what ya might call aural
pleasantry. When the causes of this situation is exasperated by an innapropriate
configuration for the capo bar, or distrussled and misgreaved aggraffes  in the
case they are used, the problem can be difficult to alliveate cogentically
espoused to the average highly skilled technicians patience. So the whole concept
gets a bad name you see.

Btw...next time you get a chance to "prove" the sustain increase you claim....
why dont you actaully get some real life scientific like equipment and a couple
graduate physics students to help you actually measure the conditions before and
after so that you can publish the data and defend your position a little better.
I'm a root'n for ya ! :)

Too bad you couldnt make it for the Nordic convention ! Its shaping up to be the
best convention in Northern Europe in an awfully long time.

Cheers !

RicB

--
Richard Brekne