Schimmel Upright question

Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:17:26 +0200

Hi Avery.... sorry to hear about the arsehed dealer thingy... but as for the
rest of it.. A Schimmel is a reasonably good upright piano, and as such it can
be fully regulated, tweaked, adjusted and otherwise manipulated in a number of
fashions in order to acheive a lighter touch weight.  If Yellow Cab Pianertoons
can't figure out how to do that then I would suggest they should find a new line
of work. Course these things cost money, and depending on the situation might
cost a few hundred dollars to work it all out right, but most Schimmels I have
run into are not exactly what I would term "heavy playing" so I would assume
something like easing off damper springs, double checking when they engage, and
making sure friction moments are nice and quick should do the trick.

Should be a peice of cake really.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne