pulley keys - special tool from oliag (wood washers)

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:52:00 +0200

Hello ,

I have this tool and have used it twice.

The accuracy is not as good as it seems, and the guides are not the
good size for Yamaha grand keyboards (too thick )

The maple dowels are very expensive, and cheap quality, too soft wood,
the hole enlarges easily.

It may be possible to make better inserts ourselves, but I was a
little disappointed by this tool and come back to more traditional
method (wood inserts or shims) .

I am not sure that sizing the hole with a tool can last long enough,
may be if it is reinforced with some glue too ?

Using something hard as cyanoacrylate in the wood may cause clicks,
life is difficult sometime !

Isaac OLEG