removing key pins

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 04:27:19 -0700

The front rail pins being rusty around the base and swollen are so tight =
they are hard to even turn much less pull out. They are not drilled all =
the way through so removing the key frame and driving them out from the =
bottom is not an option. Any tricks? I am an ex plumber/pipefitter so I =
KNOW brute strength and dumb luck. I'm considering using my right angle =
drill. Since the pins are oval I shouldn't have to tighten up the chuck =
much to get them spinning.
Keith R