key pin polish

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:09:19 +0200

Hello,

Change them, it is easy and not very long, the new chrome at the base will
add some holding for the worn keys.
The touch will be much smoother with new pins always

I seal the wood with some heavy lacquer, hoping the pins will stay in place
at the balance rail (I've seen some pulling out after a few years.

What other method can be used ?

Isaac OLEG

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]De la part de
jolly roger
  Envoye : jeudi 5 septembre 2002 08:58
  A : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Re: key pin polish

  Hi Kieth,
                 If they are rusty and pitted, just replace them, it's just
as fast as cleaning them up.   New pins are cheap.
  Roger

  At 09:26 PM 9/4/02 -0700, you wrote:

    Has anybody tried turtle wax chrome polish and rust remover on the pins?
I just did the balance rail with it and wow was it fast. I figured it had
properties like tarn-x. They sure are shiny and about as smooth as anything
else I've used. It's suppose to seal and protect the chrome. Is it wax? or
memorax?
    Keith R