smoke damage

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:59:08 EDT

David,
     I borrow an "ozone" machine from a friend in the professional cleaning
business.
 A smoke damaged piano placed under a "plastic tent" with this machine was
completely remove all...all smoke smell. If it is raw wood, I have sealed the
smell with shellac. There are other machines that "force" a chemical into the
wood thus removing the smell. Finished wood can be cleaned with the
commercial hand cleaner Glo-Jo. Hope this helps. Oh, by the way if possible
just stay away from smoke damage. It will cause head aches...especially in
damp weather if not properly cleaned.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.