Warped Harpsicord Soundboard Fix

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:46:26 -0500

Hi Dave,

Wow, where did this come from? All I do is tune a couple here at the
university in a relatively well-controlled humidity environment! I
know, I'm lucky. :-) And very rarely have to tune ET on it!

Unfortunately, one of those is a Martin which has a tuning
pin leaning so far forward (lowest F) that I'm worried about
it coming out and hitting someone. But the maker will never
respond to calls, etc., to come here and fix it and do some
other needed work! I don't even know what material the
pinblock is to think about doing a plug thing!

Even the harpsichord guy in San Antonio has, so far, not
responded to calls to do a good bit of work. I guess they
both have too much to do! Sorry, I'm just not a harpsichord
person but I'd think that the maker would be interested in
preserving his reputation! Sorry I got on a tangent!

Avery