key bushings

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:37:25 -0700

How about a few technical related topics? With as much detail and =
wordiness as the opinionated posts of recent?
I have the spurlock cauls for key bushings. How do they rate with all of =
you? What is your method?
How do most of you run your glue? I run my hide glue at 135*. =
Consistency is a thin honey.=20
I was thinking of doing the balance rail bushings like the key bushings. =
When I remove the old ones, you lose the 90* rolled edge that tucks =
under the key button. I think I've seen some done this way. Seems like =
this might give a more consistent friction through the key stroke. Good =
consistent key working seems to be an area prime importance yet =
neglected quite often.
Keith R