Lost Motion and Touchweight

Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:40:19 +0200

Before you start potentially compounded the problem, you perhaps should be sure
that your customer is willing to be open minded about the touch of her piano. If
she wants is back like it was....period... then put it that way. Putting change
upon change can wind you up in a situation where you are going to have to do a
complete touch weight overhaul on a piano and not get a dime for it.... all to
create some semblance of the origional touch sensation in a fashion the
technician deems more correct.

The tip about balance rail punchings is a good one, but you have to insure the
cut off edge stays put and doesnt turn to face sideways or some other
direction... which for some reason I do not really understand can happen.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne