Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:12:43 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Tell me, have you ever designed,built, and installed a soundboard assembly
> with performance in mind, rather than CFTS, and heard for yourself what a
> reasonably efficient soundboard
> can do without the "benefit" of tune duplexes?
>
> Ron N

Hmmm... now this actually could be a really interesting comparison for the next
convention. Dan and Ron both bring instruments they themselves feel best
representative of their opposing philosophies, displayed in a otherwise quite
hall along with a presentation of the assumed pros and cons. Perhaps even a
mini concert in which same peice is played on both instruments.

just a thought

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.