Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:39:04 -0500

>RNossman,
>
>Dear Colleague,
>
>Do you know who invented the duplex scale?  It was CFT Steinway.  Before
>jumping ship on who to listen to you might like to learn how to tune a
>duplex, and what a difference tuning a duplex makes.
>
>Dan Franklin

Dan,
Yes, I know who invented it, and in my opinion, if any soundboard assembly
method could possibly stand to benefit from a duplex arrangement, it must
surely be Steinway's. I'm not jumping ship because I've never signed on as
a passenger, and prefer (whenever possible) to attempt to think for myself
rather than deciding whom to listen to. Tell me, have you ever designed,
built, and installed a soundboard assembly with performance in mind, rather
than CFTS, and heard for yourself what a reasonably efficient soundboard
can do without the "benefit" of tune duplexes?

Ron N