Hygrometer

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:16:28 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/2002 11:32:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
hufford1@airmail.net writes:

> Subj:Re: Hygrometer
> Date:9/2/2002 11:32:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:hufford1@airmail.net">hufford1@airmail.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>    Hi Robin

       I've only seen this  once on an older Stwy A-3 The bottom end had
crown and bearing but the top end had reversed crowned and too much bearing.
Bottom end sounded fine but the top end not so good. I have also seen one A-2
that had excess bearing that literally forced the bridge down in a way that
created a trough effect in the board. The board was basically flat. I think
this occurs when the bearing is set at the factory. I believe the board is to
dry and the crown shrunk down too much before the too much bearing load is
applied. This is another reason for humidity controlled environments. Reverse
crown isn't all that common in my experience but flattened and cracked up
boards are the norm.
    Regard>>>>>>>.Dale Erwins>>>