New Steinway D problem

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:56:16 -0500

Richard:

I had this on a "B" here at SMU.  I removed the bar (Steinway says
that's ok unless there's so much tension on it that it is difficult
to remove) and put a little stringing braid over the contact points.
That was 15 years ago and it hasn't buzzed since.  I suspect yours is
not so tight as to be difficult to remove, or it wouldn't buzz!

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts