business license?

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldwin@mta-01.sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:23:35 -0600

At 12:45 AM 9/3/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Roger,
>
>Solicit business is an interesting term. I suppose that includes any yellow
>page advertising that is done.

Hi Don,
               I have never had a problem with the yellow pages, but if you
do a small classified in the local paper many of those small communities
will come looking for you.  The town of North Battleford is aggressive in
collecting local licences.  But the town calls me to do the concert hall
piano, and they have never asked me for a licence.  If they did I would be
quick to add it to the bill, and add a $20 administration fee.  <G>  Oh! I
got your attention.
Now what's the legal definition of Soliciting?  I have no idea, since I
don't hang around on street corners.
Regards Roger