Soundboard Panel Construction

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 08:51:11 -0400

Gearing up for soundboard #1.

When gluing up planks to make a soundboard panel, how much clamping pressure is appropriate? I would imagine just watch for nice glue squeeze-out - but want to know if there are any specifics I might not be aware of.

Panel construction is commonly done on a flat table?

What kind of glue to use? Titebond Original?

What types of clamping systems do folks use?

Is there any tendency for the panel to bow up off the table under clamping pressure? If so, how is this overcome?

Any special techniques for getting the top and bottom of panel planks as even, and in the same plane, as possible?

I can imagine solutions for the above, but I have no doubt some are going to be better than others. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.