greater purpose OT

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:15:41 -0500

Gordon Lee Stelter wrote:

"Speaking of "ethical actions", I think an action devoid of animal products
would be more ethical, as it would not involve the infliction of suffering
upon others in an instrument otherwise capable of creating
such beauty!"

I say:

We sheep love to be part of hammer production. It is sheer fun for us--you
know, mutton ventured, mutton gained! Some materials are expensive, ours are
very sheep! Wool you fleece excuse me now? Gotta go. Chop, chop, I'm going
to lamb onto a big juicy cheeseburger now!

On the other hand. Styrofoam soundboards, eh? I'm all for any improvement in
cost and performance. Been experimenting with goat hides for sounding
boards, myself. One is too thin, however, so you have to llamanate several
together.

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate
plants. By the way, "vegetarian" is a plains indian word meaning "lousy
shot."

Animals are on this earth to be used. Not abused, but used. Sorry, that's
just how it is and I have NO time for radical wackoism of any ilk.

Or any elk, for that matter.

Beef four you shoot back, don't bother.

Pass the ketchup ...

Alan R. Barnard