business license?

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:17:35 -0500

>... I'd stay away from city hall, unless you wish to attract their attention.
>
>Don Rose...

Hi Don, List,

That certainly is strange advice to publicly give, almost like
recommending to someone to skirt the law when maybe they ought to be
abiding in it. Doesn't seem to be a very professional thing to do,
but hey, what do I know.

What I do know is, I'm a bona fide tax collector for the State of
Oklahoma and for every Oklahoma city I do business in where
applicable. Comes with the territory of having a Oklahoma Tax
Commission sales tax permit license.

And you know what the funny part is. Because I am on the rolls of
that fine tax paying brotherhood, I am actually required by law to
report those who boast they aren't.

I find that an amusing position to be in   :-)

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild