comparing temperaments (no temperamental content)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:49:21 -0700 (PDT)

Pythagoras was a strict vegetarian. He truly despised
carnivores and formulated the scale which we all use
in pianos ( and most Western music ) today.
More vegetarians: Einstein, Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikolai
Tesla ( inventor of alternating current, which makes
long distance electrical transmission possible
)Alexander Graham Bell and nearly vegetarian Thomas
Alva Edison. I could name HUNDREDS more, highly
revered men and women from every field!  Not chewing
on corpses clears the mind and disburdens the heart,
literally and figuratively!!!!!!
     I believe that it behooves us to seek an
existence which does not bring suffering to others,
for which reason I am earnestly seeking substitutes
for the few animal products still used in pianos.
( Making good progress, too! )
     Please consider: In the West, "Manhood" has often
been measured by the ability to run rampant over
nature and others, dominating all and forcing them to
your will, with continual warfare and devastating
environmental consequences as the result!!!! ( Wasting
time, resources and causing everyone to suffer, too.)
     In select cultures of he East, (India, primarily)
MANHOOD is measured by ones' ability NOT to cause harm
to others,the environment, etc.!!!  And to seek wisdom
and spiritual awareness over material posessions.
     As the former system, when practiced by many,
inevitably results in mass suffering and planetary
destruction, while the latter results in peace,
harmony and a perpetually sustaining natural
environment, I  consider the latter philosophy the
only valid option!
     And if one enters a notion of God into the
equation ( who actualy owns everything we encounter
)then surely that God would favor the soul who does
vandalize Creation!

    Sincerely,
    Gordon Lee Stelter