grand piano in storage

jphouweling jphouweling@dccnet.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:06:41 -0700

   I once heard that the hammers go out of alignment due to the side =
weight .
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 10:58 PM
  Subject: Re: grand piano in storage

  In a message dated 9/1/02 10:09:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, =
jphouweling@dccnet.com writes:=20

       I have a grand piano in storage and would like to know how long =
it can be on its side?  =20

  I've seen pianos on their sides for many years that were fine when set =
up.  You want to make sure that there is no moisture on the padding on =
which you set it, or you will damage the finish and warp the side of the =
instrument.  =20

  Dave Stahl=20