Hygrometer

Mon, 02 Sep 2002 16:13:09 +0200

Don

I see your point,  but you must understand Don, first you said and I quote
"because of budget problems".... so I took your words at face value.

If you are making the point that no room control system can be sufficient to
provide a stable enough climate then of course thats another disscussion
entirely and probably  needs a few qualifiers to make sure we are all talking
about the same things. For example what tolerances are we operating with. I
think personally that a damp chaser system would have a hard time improving
significantly on a room that was always between 45 % and 55 % RH. I could very
easily be wrong about this, but if so I would like to know just what studies
have been conducted that shows this to be true. And I cant see that a system
that can hold inside climate within these tolerances is going to be quite as
expensive as you seem to point at. Tho again I could easily be wrong, and no
doubt this is contingent somewhat upon outside conditions in the first place.

Perhaps this is some of what Roger Wheeler wants to gather data for in his soon
to start project which several of us are participating in.

But for the moment, I would think that a room that was constantly within the
above parameters would be better for a piano, then an uncontrolled room in which
a DC unit was the only climate control for the piano.

Of course a DC system is cheaper in the end, and quite a bit so. I dont think
anyone would argue that. But I dont think that was part of the origional
question here.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.