greater purposes OT

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 09:13:42 -0400

Friends,
        I don't know if this anecdote will help, but I'll share it
anyway, the best I can remember.
        My wife Elaine and I were married about six months and having
trouble meshing our lives together, at which time I remember her saying
to me through tears, "I don't know if we're going to be able to make
this work."  To which I replied, "But we have to.  Divorce is not an
option for us."
        Along about the 14th year I remember feeling that the marriage
was pretty rotten, but again our "for better or for worse" vows pulled
us through.  Our religious faith is no small part of our lives, in case
you were wondering that.
        We just celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary last week, and
I'm sure we love each other more now than we did on our wedding day.
Our young adult children thank us for sticking it out.  I am not trying
to praise ourselves, and I know that some marriages have very difficult
problems.  I am simply encouraging those who have problems to absolutely
give it their best shot before throwing in the towel.

Regards, Clyde