Potential Customers

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 22:05:00 -0700

>I also think you have to be in the Yellow Pages to be legitimate.

Sez who?  I have advertised only once in my career----I sent fliers to
about 2500 homes when I moved to Malibu from Long Beach in 1988----got
maybe 25 new clients, 10 of whom I still service.

Word of mouth is the strongest and best advertising in the world.
Personal referral takes away an entire layer of mistrust and skepticism.

Improve your skills on as steep a curve as you can manage; be honest;
treat other people as you wish to be treated; be accountable; don't make
excuses.  Incredibly, that's so rare in any service field that your
success is virtually guaranteed.

David Andersen