Potential Customers

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 00:49:13 -0700

>I answer the question. I don't worry about what the customer is going to do
>with the information. If they are price shopping, they will get what they
>want. It's not my problem that there is someone out there charging half
>price
>for doing cruddy work. That's the customer's problem. If they can't tell the
>difference, they'll never call me back. Eventually, however, if they do know
>the difference, they'll call and ask me to tuner their piano, regardless of
>how much it cost.

Great response; the correct response.  If you're always trying to get
better, improve your skills, and be an honest, good-hearted, realistic
person, then being completely upfront with people is a natural thing.

Trust me.  You're obviously sincere and passionate about this work.  That
will ultimately guarantee your success.  Just keep at it, and tell the
truth.  Treat your clients like you want to be treated----with respect,
and an assumption of intelligence.

Best------David Andersen