Player Piano Price???

Jay/Deb Mercier mercier@minnewaska.com
Tue, 30 Sep 2098 23:32:37 -0500

A client asked me what he should ask for his player piano.  I told him that
I didn't really know but I'd find out soon...

It's a 1929 Herbrenson Player Piano, all original parts and all in working
order, including 200+ piano rolls.  I heard it play - not bad!  The owner
has recently taken everything apart, cleaned and returned it to the proper
working order it deserves.  The only negative aspects I found were the
extremely rusty strings -  which kept me from performing a pitch raise -
unfortunately it's a half step flat and tightening those strings makes me
nervous.  There are also worn hammers, bushings and other misc. action parts
that could use work.  But, the player mechanism is sound.  I told him that
the piano itself would sell for around $100.00 to $200.00 dollars, but that
I didn't know how much a player mechanism would add to the value.

Any ideas?

Jay