Weber vs. Young Chang?

Jay/Deb Mercier mercier@minnewaska.com
Tue, 30 Sep 2098 23:22:17 -0500

Due to the recent purchase of a new 6'1" Weber Grand by a community center
where I live, an unexpected "fueding" has begun with the "local residents"
whether or not the overall quality of the Weber is above or under the Young
Chang of similar style, make and model.  Yep, it's true.  Since the two
local piano dealers both sell Young Chang products ( one dealer sells
Samick, Young Chang and Pramberger and the other dealer sells Story & Clark
and Weber), not only the two dealers but some of the general public are
talking about which is better:  Weber vs. Young Chang.  Ohh, this is getting
downright steamy.....

My personal opinion after tuning both a 6'1" Young Chang and a Weber of the
same is that the Weber's overall sound is more definitive.  The Weber also
tuned up a tad easier.

I was approached by the dealer who didn't make the sale and was told that
"Weber is of lower quality than the Young Chang."  In response, I only
offered an opinion based on my experience with tuning each of the two, as
described as above.

It's bothering me because I really don't know the any real difference except
that the scale design and plate are different.

Any opinions out there?

Jay