Is this common?

Jay/Deb Mercier mercier@minnewaska.com
Mon, 22 Sep 2098 08:57:38 -0500

I recently tuned a 5 yr-old Samick console.  The owner previously moved the
piano about a year ago (with the help of 3 others).  I don't know how they
moved it.

I noticed that the top octave and a half was about 4-5 mm lower than the
rest of the keyboard and a few keys throughout the keyboard were also lower.

Is this common after a move?  AND Is it common for a whole set of keys (in
this case an octave and a half) to slip that low on a 5-yr. old piano?  AND
If this problem is not common, does this particular brand have this problem?

I'd appreciate any feedback on this matter,

Jay
Piano Technician / Teacher - 5 yrs strong!