No subject

97-04-01 00:50:07 EST

Hi Doug:

The only reason I suggested tuning ET first before adjusting it to the
Coleman 7 is that the tuning was developed by me using a standard FAC
tuning and then altering it to favor the preferred keys. The advantage of
doing it with the SAT and FAC is that the stretch is automatically built
in.  Now that an FAC tuning can be altered in the SAT, it is the logical
way to do the tuning.  The Coleman 4 was a little easier to alter, but
the Coleman 7 gives more color differential into the other keys.

I think it would be ideal for ragtime.

I haven't had time to approach the Coleman 7 from strictly an aural
procedure.  I suspect it will be more complicated than other Well
Temperaments.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS You may forward the above to the list if you like.