No subject

pianotech pianotech
11/10/96 1:08 PM

> Jan, I think you have your knuckles on backwards.
> The smooth direction should augment jack return and the rough direction
> provides a firm purchase of the jack on the knuckle for a blow.
> 	Newton

Newton,

According to Laroy Edwards, Yamaha does just the opposite to
preserve the knuckle as long as possible.  Smooth nap going out
and rougher coming in.  I believe I heard this at a Yamaha class
sometime ago.  I also believe there is not much difference in
todays knuckles as far as the nap is concerned.

ilvey, RPT