Sitting under the piano (more)

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 00:03:43 -0600

>At 8:54 PM +0000 11/29/02, Nathan Bower wrote:
>>... I would love to sit under someone like E Kissin's piano at a
>>Rachmaninoff concert!...

Adding a bit more to this activity. It is far more comfortable to lie
underneath a grand piano with a pillow. This is something I used to
do all the time as a child growing up in a home with two university
level pianists for parents.

Another activity was to lie next to the phonograph speaker in our
living room and listen to the likes of Caruso, etc. while eventually
drifting to sleep more nights than I can remember. Those were some
great times.

Actually, I still do that stuff from time to time, but now it's with
headsets/earpieces/computer speakers. And the venue has changed
continually over the years. Currently, I'm taking a music
appreciation course via internet streaming at   www.hos.com  in
Sausalito, CA.

Over 150 programs so far and still going .

What a trip!

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731