Wood MC Puzzle

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:15:06 -0600

Incidentally, and to whom, re: oven drying wood samples for MC testing. In
Understanding Wood, Hoadley recommends 212°-221°F.

Terry,
So far,I'm getting considerably different drying rates between old
soundboard material with the finish planed off, and new unfinished
material. I'll give it a while more and see if they stabilize at about the
same time at different MC values, or at different times, with similar MC
values, or at different times with different MC values. This is getting
interesting.
Ron N