tuning for the dead

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:07:24 +0000

Tom Sivak wrote:
<snip>
Then I went to the harmonium and measured every note of the temperament
octave with RCT.  A4 was above 440, while most other notes in the
temperament octave were below 440.  I offset all the pitches to match the
harmonium and tuned the piano to those settings.
<snip>

Hey Tom, good going on building your business!  Did you set up a user
temperament in RCT?  I would think that would work the quickest, so you only
enter the offsets once.  Also, did the octaves match on the harmonium?  I
wonder if the "temperament" was repeated across the instrument.  Send me the
offsets, I'd be happy to graph them out and see if it was within the realm
of possibility to be intentional....

Ron Koval