Tuning levers

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:22:42 -0500

Greetings listees,
         Could I please have your opinions about either the Wonderwand, and
"THE ORIGINAL TITANIUM TUNING HAMMER" as advertised in the Journal and the
Japanese levers from Pianotek? I am in need of replacing my original Hale
lever which I sheared the head off of about a month ago. I guess I really
shouldn't leave them out in the car on cold winter nights huh? I'm keenly
interested in the fit of the tip as was recently mentioned. Although I was
able to find replacement shanks and heads and tip for my Hale lever through
Schaff they quickly stripped as the threading is not so good, to say the
least. I saw a few at Chicago's convention but as luck would have it I
didn't need one then. I'm leaning toward staying with an extension hammer
as it allows some clearance of the bulk of the lever in tight plate
configurations. This seems more prevalent in high treble areas. Any hands
down favorites out there of these or any other levers?

Greg Newell

P.S. impact hammer users need not respond. That's definitely not for me! :-)

P.P.S. I concerned about available parts , i.e. tips and such.

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net