More legendary techs are on the way

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:33:22 -0800

David,

We have lost a great technician but don't forget that his legacy lives on in
all of us.  Technicians such as Newton left us the wisdom that he shared.
For years to come the techniques, business practices, and humor of Newton
will be repeated in all those who followed his lead.  This and contributions
of other great technicians enhance the technicians of today and tomorrow,
many which will also rise and become recognized as being among the best.
Then they too will pass on their wisdom.  Newton isn't gone.  He exists in
the tuning hammer of every technician who followed him.

I am reminded of a quote from Clarance, the angel from "It's a Wonderful
Life".  When George finally realizes how vast his contribution to society
was, Clarance says...
"Funny isn't it, how one man touches and changes the lives of so many
others.  You see George, you really did have a wonderful life"

Now consider this... "Every time a piano is played, an angel gets it's
wings".

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

> Newton was a great technician, with a vast amount of knowledge about
> pianos.
<<snip>>

> This is a great loss for the piano industry as a whole and for
> me.  We are losing many of our great technicians, who can never be
replaced.
<<snip>>