Belly rail crown - Why???

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:55:08 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: November 25, 2002 7:48 AM
  Subject: Re: Belly rail crown - Why???

  In a message dated 11/25/2002 5:27:25 AM Pacific Standard Time, =
RNossaman@cox.net writes:

       Factory workers would get it if it was coming down the line.Well =
,Recently I heard John Patton had said that When he worked at Mason =
Hamlin that the pianos that recieved there bellys and were immediately =
strung without sitting around for a while always sounded better to him. =
Now as to why that may or may not be is not the my point but he did have =
an opinion. To say someone as sensitive as a voicer wouldn't notice a =
difference if something indeed had changed in the belly department is =
for me  not logical. This point amounts to a spittin contest Ron

  I have to ask, Dale, how many 'factory voicers' have you actually =
spent some quality time with? In my case it's been considerable and some =
frustrating time it was. A day or two as an observent mouse in the =
corner might well change your perspective on this.

  Del