Of Miracles and Duplex's (was Re: S&S D Duplex)

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:21:32 +0100

Isaac OLEG wrote:

> I'd say there is energy delivered too at the bottoming of the key
> stroke.

Now THERE's an interesting thought, and I am just now getting (I think)
the point.  The thump at the bottom of the key stroke definatly excites
the system as a whole. Take off a hammer in a grand action, depress the
damper pedal, and thump the hammerless key and the results (at least some
of them) will be quite obvious, as well as the change in that if
different key front felt hardness's are employed.

Just how it adds (?) to the sound of the intsrument, sustain time,

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.