Cracks in Block, was no subject

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:23:18 +0100

Depending on the size of these cracks, yes. If they not huge
gapping cracks, lay the instrument on its back side and drip
super thin CA carefully into the cracks and down the sides
of the pin... dont get any on the string coil... messy. Or
you can remove the pins where the cracks are, and fill with
epoxy.... let cure and drill out with the same size as the
hole was to begin with and repin with one size up....
OR:...you can remove the pin, half fill with epoxy and bang
the pin back in... which will force the epoxy as far into
the cracks as its liable to go.... let dry a few days and
come back to retune.

There are more ways... but all are more or less variants of
one of these. The main thing is to do a nice clean job of it
so the repair looks good... seamless as it were.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne